Monday, August 24, 2009

Santa Monica Beach, CA: Preparations for the BIG Trip

This is my last week before I leave for Africa, and things are busy busy busy!

Next Sunday, I will be heading over to Accra, Ghana, which is located on the coast of West Africa. During my three months in Ghana, I'll be doing lots of new and exciting things!

1. Classes and research:
My research focuses on how seamstresses in impoverished communities can better utilize microfinance and the web to develop sustainable incomes by selling their products online. I'm really excited for this opportunity because it's a chance to learn about international development in the context of an emerging nation.
Through the classes, I'll learn all about the rich artistic heritage of Ghana and learn a local dialect called Twi. :)

2. Fashion Show Work:
I'll be working on my Ghana line to be shown in my Spring 2010 fashion show when I return! This will be A LOT of fun since I'll be able to

3. Trying new and outrageous things, and of course having fun! (;

4. Getting mail from YOU:

Grace Choi
c/o SIT Study Abroad Ghana
Institute of African Studies (Affiliate)
University of Ghana
P.O. Box 73
Legon, Ghana

This week I'll be spending a lot of time with friends and family in LA, so holla if you're in the city. Right now, I'm at Panera next to the pier tying up loose ends to prep for the 2010 Culturally Fashion Forward show. Once I'm done, I get to go chill on the beach and relax (: Better get to work then eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment